Location: Milpitas, California
About the Opportunity
We are actively seeking a qualified self-motivated Project Manager to join our team. This position will oversee and manage multiple projects. This includes managing the overall technical, cost and schedule requirements of a given contract. Most projects will focus on hardware and software. Projects will be domestic and international. The candidate will hold regular status meetings with the customer to provide project status in the form of schedules, risks, issues and help needed. The Project Manager candidate will report to and be supported by the Q3DGS Program Manager.
This position is based in the Milpitas, California Company Headquarters. The hired candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Track and report schedule status for design, procurement, fabrication, test, data products and delivery
- Report status to the Q3DGS Program Manager and the customer for each project
- Track spending against a budget plan
- Work with the various functions to achieve completion of task on or ahead of schedule
- Work with suppliers and subcontractors
- Control scope growth and process change orders
- Manage the relationship between client(s) and potential clients, prepare written and verbal project reviews, reports and presentations for management and customer review as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Project
- Ability to work with dispersed team members around the country
- Ability to work with customers in different time zones
- Ability to follow processes and procedures consistent with our ISO requirements
- Strong communication skills and be able to interact effectively with the project team, customer and senior management
- Ability to establish a solid working relationship with the customers, managers, associate contractor and peers.
- Prior experience in training and simulation products a plus.
- Prior experience leading technical programs and/or projects.
- Prior use or familiarity with Earned Value Management (EVM) processes.
Education, Training and Experience
- 4 year degree, preferably in a Technical or Business Management
- PMP Certification is a plus
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE. If you reside outside of the Milpitas, California area but do not require relocation assistance, please state that in your cover letter.
Compensation: Commensurate with the position, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Principals Only: No agency submissions, please.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.